Differences in sacred traditions of Orthodox fasting?

Differences in sacred traditions of Orthodox fasting?

someguy
Hello,

I am a little confused about the differences in Orthodox church fasting and at what stage should no approach in terms of lack of prepartion?

Examples;
I'll with great lent as we have just entered this significant time...
- Most say when oil is allowed on the weekend seafood is also allowed also though some say this is incorrect as it is usually the case throughout the year though not for the great lent?
- Most say between Christmas and the Theophany it is fast free except for the day before though others say this does not include Wednesday/Friday?
- Most say after the Resurrection there is relaxed fasting for forty days on Wednesday/Friday others say this not the case.
- Finally the fast free weeks of the Pharisee and the Publican/Tax Collector and the fast free week of the cheese fare weeks are fast free with the latter excepting meat though others say this does not include Wednesday/Friday again.

There seems to be a pattern here on Wednesday and Fridays though the Rudder explains some of these though not all of these. But then again we have the weeks after the Resurrection and Pentecost which are fast free and no one seems to dispute so it can occur?

Lastly I know that one's preparations/penitence's before communing are based on one's spiritual father though these opinions can differ very much so and where can a lay person draw the line and be content?

Thanks you for reading and your insight/s :)