Rules for Posting

DnJoseph-Adm
Administrator

NFTU has set the following rules in place for commenting.

Rules For Comments:

1.Comments are welcomed and open to all regardless of jurisdiction.
2.Participation in comments must be in accordance with the site guidelines.
3.NFTU reserves the right to block and/or delete comments that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory,vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially,ethnically or otherwise objectionable towards Orthodoxy.
4. Any comments that violate the guidelines may be removed at any time without warning.
5. Users who disregard the rules will be reminded of them and then placed on moderation.
6. Continual violation and posting of inappropriate comments will result in having your IP/Username blocked from the commenting system.
7. Please stick to the topic in the article you are commenting on.
8. Long comments will be auto filtered into spam. For long comments please join the forum and/or link your new thread within the commenting system.
9. Upon the news being reported on the repose of any Traditional Orthodox hierarch the comments made must reflect a level of respect for the newly reposed.  No  jurisdictional comments, nor insinuations will be accepted for 40 days; any comments disregarding this rule will be deleted.

Thank you for commenting on NFTU.

Defamation/Slander/Libel for the purposes of this site, is defined as: Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person. Including,  accusing a person of a moral or criminal offense without that person having been convicted of such.
Unless I write "ADMIN" on the top, it's just Dcn Joseph not switching to his user account, because he isn't too good at this.

Re: Rules for Posting

BratMikhail
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Rules for Posting

Dcn Joseph Suaiden
Administrator
I think that generally happens because if it's not clear who says what, then words become mis-attributed.

But I agree that once it becomes "threaded" it should probably stop at singular responses to individuals.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Brat Mikhail [via NFTU FORUMS] <[hidden email]> wrote:
It would be a great help for this forum if people stopped copying what has been posted in the replyes, I reckon.

Copying what has been already posted demands additional web resources that can be used in a more profitable way, and if we think about it, copying tantamount repeating oneself which is rude and senseless.

Just imagine a group of persons talking like that in real life:

Andrew: Hello, How do you do?

Joseph: Hello How do you do says Andrew, Slava Bogu, thank you, And you?

Inna: Joseph says Andrew said Hello How do you do?  and he answered Slava Bogu, thank you, and You?  Slava Bogu as well.

Ekaterina: I overheard Andrei saying Hello, How do you do? and Joseph answering saying Andrei said Hello How do you do, Slava Bogu, thank you And you, to which Inna answered saying that Joseph says Andrew said Hello How do you do, and Slava Bogu, thank you, and you? to which Inna answered Slava Bogu as well. I've just came back from a moleben to the "Derzhavnaya" miracle working, myrrh streamming Icon of the Mother of God.

Andrew: Ekaterina said she overheard me saying Hello How do you do, which is correct, and Joseph saying Andres said Hello How do you do, Slava Bogu,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and Ekaterina said she just came back from a moleben to the "Derzhavnaya" mirace working, myrrh streamming Icon of the Mother of God. Slava Bogu Ekaterina, Would you mind sending me a bit of myrrh from the Icon to heal my ailling mother?

EKaterina, Andrew said I said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   Given you're in the Church, we shall schedule a moleben for your ailling mother to the "Derzhavnaya" Icon of the Mother of God and send you a cotton ball with myrrh from the Icon for your ailling mother.

Blind me! Imagine conversations like that in real life! Well, a similar thing happens not only here, but in the vast majority of forums and social online networks. I would be nice to stop doing it here for a change.

http://nftu-forums.18061.n6.nabble.com/Rules-for-Posting-tp4717462p5002877.html
To start a new topic under NFTU FORUMS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NFTU FORUMS, click here.
NAML

Re: Rules for Posting

Hieromonk Enoch
Administrator
Sometimes it gets complicated if you are involved in long drawn out arguments that encompass dozens of posts.